Saturday, August 23, 2014

Interactive Notebooking Five For Friday, Super Late...

Well, what's new? I'm late to the party at the beginning of the school year. :-P I know you all feel my pain, so I don't feel so bad about it. ;o)
We are in full swing with our interactive notebooks! I am using activities from a few different notebooks, including Nicole Shelby's Reading Notebook. This week, one thing we worked on was finding the main idea.
We used some articles from The Sweetest Thing about Native Americans (our current social studies topic) to practice finding the main idea.
These articles are fabulous because they include five different passages written on three different levels. I can give all of my students the same information, but on their reading level! She has several packs of SS/ELA integrated articles in her store. Make sure to check them out!
We also worked on inferring this week. Erin from Lovin Lit has some really fun ideas in her notebook products that integrate videos into your lessons. I've been using some things from her Grades 2-3 Literature Notebook (yes even though I'm 4th, it's still totally appropriate) and her idea of using "In Summer" from Frozen was a huge hit with my kiddos!

(The title at the top is from Nicole's notebook)
We have been taking interactive notes on our Native American tribes. (For more information about what this is, read here!)
Some sad news this week at Jivey's house... Timmy had to have surgery on his knee and he is just pitiful!
He has figured out how to get around now with it (and he totally looks like a pirate with a peg leg) but you can tell it definitely bothers him. Poor pup!!!
I love a good deal, don't you? I ordered a few things from Twice this week and I was so excited when they arrived! We had Curriculum Night this week, and I wore this blue Calvin Klein dress:
I love the ruffle!

I also got this shirt- it's a New York and Co brand shirt that still had the tags on it! 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a great weekend! :o)

9 comments:

  1. Love the blue dress, super cute! Looks like your year is off to a fantastic start. We are using interactive notebooks this year too, and having a great time learning.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous! I just love interactive notebooks. I really started using them last year, and I am hooked! I hope that Timmy is back to 100% soon. It is always so hard to see our precious four-legged friends in any kind of pain.

    Have a great week!
    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Timmy! Hope he feels betters soon!! And you are rocking that blue dress!!!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! Good news! Remember I commented a couple weeks ago about asking my principal if I could use your Better than the Basal? Well......HE SAID YES!!! Soooo excited! Still gotta read a few stories from the basal so the parents don't complain, but I get to use yours!! Thank goodness, 'cause I am SO TIRED of reading the same stories year after year (going on 10 years now). So YIPPEEEEE!!
    Awww....poor Timmy!! Did he have a luxating patella problem? Dogs are so resilient, and I know he's gonna bounce back quickly. Give him some love from Cali from me and my two doggies.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi BlogFriend!
    Never fails: I always leave your blog with new ideas! I like how you are "blending" notebook pieces. I will have to do that too because I am teaching a 5/6--and it would be fair to say I have no idea how I am going to do that successfully. Hope Timmy is up and about soon. And... You look great in that blue dress!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your sweet baby Timmy gets better soon!!!! I love the interactive notebooks!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Lovin Lit's interactive notebook and can't wait to use it! I think it seems to help the kids SO much more!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poor Timmy! :( Hope he is on the mend and feeling much better! I LOVE that blue dress! You look gorgeous! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the notebooks, but I especially like the black and white top! I need to find more tops like that! I hope your Timmy is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE for you to comment! Please leave me some love! :) I like to reply through email so you can read my response, so make sure you have turned on that option in your profile settings or leave your email addy in your comment! :)