Friday, February 28, 2014

Five For Friday... Do You Still Recognize Me? :o)

I'm linking up for some Five For Friday FUN!!!
I think it's pretty obvious what my #1 is........... do you LOVE my new blog design as much as me?!?! Megan from A Bird in Hand Designs did my first design, and I loved it... but I felt like I need something new... something more "me." (With my first design, I picked one she had already made that I liked, and just chose colors.) I wanted to keep my colors similar since, not only did I love them, but I didn't want you to not recognize me!! (You know, like when dark brunettes turn into bleached blondes!?)

So here was the before... (in case you already forgot...)
And here's my "after!"
I absolutely love the little scrappy embellishments. They are just what I wanted!! I love notebooks and anything office supply-ish (remember how happy my BBB Joanne made me when she sent me my care package???) so this design just feels like ME. And Megan was so super patient with my picky little OCD self. I just love her! She is fabulous to work with... seriously... if you need a new design, check her out!
Quite a few of my BBBs have used her and love her, too!!

I think my favorite part (and I promise I'll move on to #2 after this!!) is the cute link "tag" she made- it just shows how detail-oriented she is. She is awesome!!!
This week, we had parent-teacher conferences. Our kids actually leave two and a half hours early on Wednesday and Thursday so that we can meet with the parents. Our district does this twice a year. I appreciate that they do an early release because we don't have to stay as late, but it still makes for a super-long week! 25 conferences crammed into two days is kinda crazy...
We finished our sound unit this week! To start our unit, I had them answer the question, "what is sound?" on a sticky note... then they got together in a group (they had to find a group with all different colored sticky notes- it was a good way to change up the groupings) and summarized what they thought... remember, this was before I taught anything:
Once we finished our unit, including all our fun sound labs, I had them write again on a sticky note (this one a bit larger since they would be able to write more this time), then get in their groups again to "revise their thinking." They got one of those fabulous BIG sticky notes (courtesy of Joanne!) to write their new thoughts on:
And here is their new thinking! Check out all that they learned!!

Don't forget to check out all the AMAZING tips that were linked up to Workshop Wednesday this week, as well as grab your BLOG FOLLOWERS ONLY freebie to use for Read Across America Week!!! :o)
Only a few hours left of THE SALE!!!!  My store will be on sale through Sunday night at 20% off, but if you want to take advantage of the extra 10% off from TPT, make sure you "check out" tonight!! 
You can check out tons of stores who are also participating, and see the most wishlisted items in my store by visiting this post from earlier this week...

See you in the checkout line! ;o)

13 comments:

  1. Your new blog design looks fabulous! So cute! Love it!
    Najda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog design Jivey! I do love the tag with all of the social media links - so cute. These updated blog designs are really making me think about my blog : )
    Glad your conferences are finished - enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh! I LOVE this design. So cute!!! Whew! 2 days for conferences does sound intense. TGIF ;)
    Kristin
    Come Visit Readbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design and the buttons are my favorite too! :) I hope you have a restful weekend, I know my eyelids are already burning! Happy Friday! :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know who you are anymore. Hahaha...I already told you that I love your new design. XOX
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new design is fabulous!! Just like you!! The social media tag is my favorite too!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I DO love your new blog design!
    Yowza! You only get 2 shortened days for conferences? We get 6 early-release days to do ours. I will never complain gain. ; )

    And HOLY COW! I didn't even know they MADE gigantic post-it notes! That's crazy awesome.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new blog design! The color scheme really pops! Thanks for the LORAX freebie for next week as well! I also use the giant post-its! My students LOVE them!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new design! Your kids really did rock out that unit on sound! Love it :)

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOTALLY LOVE your new blog design and I'm so excited that you're using those big sticky notes! Yay!!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am enamored with your new design! Now I need to get mine done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new blog design. I'm having such a difficult time choosing what I want for mine!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE for you to comment! Please leave me some love! :) I like to reply through email so you can read my response, so make sure you have turned on that option in your profile settings or leave your email addy in your comment! :)